Need an idea for a weekday supper? With an oven and the right ingredients, you can prepare mouth-watering beef ribs for the whole family. With short prep times, these flavourful recipes make it easy for you to cook delicious juicy beef ribs without spending hours and hours in the kitchen.
Slow-cooking ribs is how you create tender meat that falls off the bone. Thankfully, you don’t need a special slow-cooking appliance to make them – an oven is just as good! Here are some excellent recipes for oven-delicious beef ribs that the entire family will love.
Recipe for Sticky Asian Beef Short Ribs with Hokkien Noodle Salad
This delicious Asian beef short ribs recipe serves four people, and can easily be whipped up in no time at all. It takes just 15 minutes to prepare – gather your ingredients, mix the marinade, and brush the marinade onto the beef ribs.
Then, it just needs 40 minutes of cooking in the oven. Once it’s finished, you’ll be rewarded with succulent, tender beef ribs that have a perfect balance of sweet and savoury flavour throughout. Enjoy!
Sticky Asian Short Ribs With Hokkein Noodle Salad
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 55 min
- Combine beef ribs, char siu sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a large bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Preheat a pan to moderately low. Use a pan that suits the number of pieces to be cooked. Add the beef ribs and cook for 10 minutes each side. Transfer beef ribs to prepared tray. Bake for 20 minutes until just tender. Remove beef ribs, cover loosely with foil, and rest in a warm place for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles and bok choy in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Stand for 5 minutes or until the noodles separate easily and bok choy has wilted. Drain well, then return to bowl. Add the onion, coriander, sprouts, juice and extra sweet chilli sauce. Toss well to combine. Set aside.
- Serve beef ribs with the hokkein noodle salad.
- For extra flavour, marinate ribs overnight. Marinated ribs can also be frozen for up to 2 months before cooking. To cook, defrost in the fridge overnight.
- If char siu sauce is unavailable in your supermarket use a combination of equal quantities of hoisin sauce, honey and soy sauce.
- These ribs can be cooked on a hooded barbecue. Oil a flat plate lightly, and preheat as per step 2. Cook for 10 minutes each side and then transfer the ribs to the upper racks before closing the hood for the remaining baking time.
- Substitute rice stick noodles for hokkein.
At Provenir, we are also committed to the ‘paddock to plate‘ philosophy. This means we reduce the distance that meat travels to reach your plate as much as possible by using mobile abattoirs on the farms where animals are reared, which is also a more humane option for them.
Recipe Garlic and Beer Beef Short Ribs
This summery beef rib recipe serves 4, takes just 10 minutes to prepare, and requires a total of three hours of cooking time. The ribs are slow-cooked in a flavourful blend of herbs, spices, and vegetables for maximum taste and tenderness.
The combination of melted butter and garlic provides a delicious aroma, and the finished ribs are juicy and succulent. Serve this dish at your next family dinner, or use it to impress your guests at your next dinner party. With a few simple ingredients, a few hours of cooking time, and just 10 minutes of preparation, you can create a delicious and crowd-pleasing meal.
Garlic And Beer Beef Short Ribs
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 3 h
- Ready in: 3 h 10 min
- 8 (1.3kg) Beef short ribs
- 2 Red onions (cut into wedges)
- 2 long Green chillies (sliced)
- 330 ml Bottle beer
- 2 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary leaves
- ¼ cup Fresh flat-leaf parsely leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon rind (finely grated)
- Crusty bread and mixed salad leaves (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the beef short ribs in a large roasting pan. Add onion, chilli, beer, garlic, honey, mustard and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Turn beef short ribs in mixture to coat. Cover pan with foil. Roast for 3 hours or until tender and golden.
- Combine the parsley and rind. Serve beef short ribs and pan juices with crusty bread and mixed salad.
- The ribs can be roasted in a barbecue. Preheat the barbecue to 200ºC (the burners should be set at medium). Place the foil covered beef pan in the centre of the barbecue. Turn the burners directly under the meat off. The remaining burners are left on to conduct and circulate the heat around the roast. Roast for 3 hours or until tender and golden.
- You can use any style of beer for the ribs.
- You can also serve the beef ribs with either mashed potato or pasta if preferred.
Beef Recipe for Orange, Honey & Cajun Spiced Asado Ribs
These sweet and spicy beef ribs can be a great dinner idea for a family of four. They are actually quite easy to prepare; it only takes 15 minutes to get them ready. Then they need to be cooked for 135 minutes, so it is best to set aside a couple of hours to make sure they turn out perfectly. The aroma of these ribs will fill your house with a mouthwatering scent that will have everyone’s stomachs grumbling in anticipation. With a little bit of extra effort, these ribs can be a real treat for your family.
Orange, Honey & Cajun Spiced Asado Ribs
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 2 h 15 min
- Ready in: 2 h 30 min
- 1.4 kg Beef asado (short rib on the bone) ribs
- ¼ cup (60ml) Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- ⅓ cup Cajun seasoning
- 1 Orange (zested and juiced)
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 x 250 g packets Microwave red quinoa
- 250 g Butternut pumpkin (pre-diced)
- 175 g Green beans (halved)
- 80 g Baby rocket
- ⅓ cup Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 60 g Fresh ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160º fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place ribs in a large saucepan, cover with water bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer gently, partially covered for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, Cajun seasoning, orange zest, half the orange juice and half the honey. Season.
- Remove ribs from water and drain. Cool slightly. Place ribs in a large snap lock bag, add marinade and rub to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook ribs for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Place ribs on prepared baking tray, cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes-1 hour 20 minutes, or until tender, brushing occasionally with remaining honey. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Microwave pumpkin on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl place quinoa, pumpkin, beans, rocket and mint. Drizzle over remaining oil, remaining orange juice and vinegar, season and toss to coat. Top with ricotta.
- Drizzle ribs with any pan juices and serve with quinoa salad.
Enhance Every Recipe With Quality Grass-fed Beef
If you want all of these great spices, sauces, and other ingredients to shine, you need to use quality beef. Grass-fed beef is a favourite of chefs around the world. In comparison to grain-fed beef, it’s higher in vitamins and antioxidants and has lower levels of saturated fat.
At Provenir, we’ve made it easier to access grass-fed beef so you can make memorable dishes with the excellent recipes listed above. Make us your online butcher, and you can have grass-fed beef delivered straight to your door! If you have any questions, please contact us.