We all love a barbie and have our favourite BBQ dishes that we roll out every time we fire it up.
But wouldn’t it be good to try something a little different this summer?
We’ve collected three beef ribs recipes that are easy to prepare and super tasty too. Also selected for their nutritional profile, you’ll find that they are a hit with all the family this summer.
Why beef ribs are the perfect choice this summer
Beef ribs BBQ style are a great choice for entertaining in the backyard when the weather’s good.
Beef ribs are a tasty cut of meat, as they are full of marbling (streaks of fat), which makes them easy to cook and very palatable too.
Precooking them low and slow before putting them on the BBQ means that every mouthful is tender and full of flavour.
It also means that BBQ cooking is quick and easy, so you won’t feel under pressure when you’re surrounded by guests.
What’s more, beef ribs make the perfect finger food, so they’re ideal for an informal get-together with a relaxed and casual vibe.
And did you know that beef is full of nutritional value too? It’s high in protein, vitamin B12 (vital for red blood cell production) and essential minerals. So by choosing beef, you are choosing a healthy, natural food that’s good for all the family.
Why grass-fed beef makes the best ribs
Buy your beef ribs from Provenir and know that you are investing in the best quality meat that’s produced in alignment with green values.
All our beef is grass-fed( and grass-finished), meaning the animals it comes from have led a free-range life, grazing the open paddocks naturally as they would in the wild.
This is in stark contrast to intensively farmed animals that are reared in small spaces and fed on grain, which does not represent their natural lifestyle or diet.
Our grass-fed beef is also free from the added hormones and antibiotics that reared animals are given to combat the diseases that spread in confined spaces and over crowded herds.
The result is healthier, better quality meat on your plate and the peace of mind knowing that the animal it came from lived its best and most natural life.
We also ensure that animals are stressed as little as possible throughout the course of their lives, right up to the end. We work directly with farmers that follow ethical farms practices, and we use a custom built mobile abattoir that travels to our partnering farms for this very purpose. Also reducing the distance from paddock to plate to help support more sustainable food production.
Discover our beef ribs recipe selection for the BBQ
Each of these beef ribs recipes brings something different to the BBQ. They are all super easy to prepare and cook, and your minimal efforts will be rewarded with deliciously tender ribs.
Tamarind beef short ribs
Tamarind is a tropical fruit with an intriguing sweet-and-sour flavour. This makes it the perfect complement to beef cooked BBQ style, drawing out its flavour. It’s also highly acidic, which means it helps to tenderise your beef.
Served with brown rice and salad, this makes a healthy dish that will leave your guests wanting more! The herbs add a fresh finishing touch to this dish.
Tamarind Beef Short Ribs
These finger-licking grass-fed beef ribs are the prefect dinner, snack or party food, but make sure you always have plenty to go around.
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 1 h 35 min
- Ready in: 1 h 45 min
- 1.5 kg Provenir Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs
- 1 tablespoon Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Chilli flakes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Tamarind puree
- 3 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Palm sugar
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 2 tablespoons Mint (fresh) (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (fresh) (finely chopped)
- 1 Cucumber (sliced)
- 250 g Cherry tomatoes
- 150 g Green beans (blanched, halved)
- 1 Baby cos lettuce (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Place ribs in a large saucepan with whole spices and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine 1 tbsp oil, tamarind, fish sauce and palm sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Tip into bowl with ribs and toss to coat. Cook on a lightly oiled bbq or chargrill pan for 2-3 minutes per side until charred or in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200C fan forced until the edges start to go crispy.
- Cook brown rice with 2 cups water in a small saucepan with the lid on over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Combine cucumber, tomato, beans and lettuce. Drizzle with remaining oil and lime juice. Stir mint and coriander through rice and serve with glazed ribs, salad, mint sprigs and lime wedges.
BBQ short ribs with hassleback pumpkin and salad
If you’re looking to impress your guests with little effort, reach for this recipe. The slow cooking and addition of apple cider vinegar mean you end up with incredibly tender meat that’s a joy to bite into.
The accompanying dishes of hassleback pumpkin and cobb salad add a colourful twist to this irresistible beef ribs recipe BBQ.
BBQ Short Ribs with Hassleback Pumpkin and Salad
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 7 h
- Ready in: 7 h 20 min
- 1.5 kg Provenir Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs (one pack)
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 Apple cider vinegar (diluted by 50% with water in a spray bottle)
- Barbecue sauce (to serve)
- 1 half Butternut pumpkin (peeled, seeded)
- Mixed herbs (chopped chives, rosemary & parsley)
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- Oil to coat
- 1 Cos Lettuce (leaves torn)
- 100 g Spinach leaves (baby)
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs (halved)
- 250 g Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- 100 g Feta cheese
- Pre-heat a covered barbeque (hood down) to 140◦C. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan, season and cover tray with foil. Roast in barbeque using indirect heat, or in oven for 6 hours. Spraying with the vinegar solution every hour. Remove and rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat pumpkin with oil and season with salt. Using a sharp knife cut slits into pumpkin crossways about 5mmm apart, cutting as deep as you can without slicing all the way through. Place pumpkin on a lined tray. Cook in a closed barbeque on medium-high heat for 40 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl. Whisk vigorously until combined. Add some of the cos and spinach to a serving plate. Top with eggs, tomatoes, avocado, feta, chives and parsley. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing.
- When serving, drizzle ribs with your favourite barbecue sauce.
Sweet chilli, soy and sesame beef ribs
This beef short ribs BBQ recipe combines perfectly cooked, tender meat with the exciting Asian flavours of chilli, soy, ginger and garlic.
Simmering these beef ribs for an hour and marinating them before adding them to the BBQ will mean you end up with a tasty dish infused with flavour that your guests will simply love.
Sweet chilli soy and sesame beef ribs
You’re probably familiar with steak, burgers and sausages on the barbecue, but have you tried grass-fed beef ribs? Beef ribs are ideal to marinate and barbecue, you’ll find them very succulent and very tasty.
- Preparation: 1 h
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 1 h 11 min
- Place the beef ribs in a large saucepan, cover ribs with water. Bring slowly to simmering point, over a low heat, simmer gently, partially covered for 1 hr.
- Remove ribs from water, mix with combined chilli, tomato and soy sauces, garlic and ginger. Stand for 30 mins or marinate overnight.
- Barbecue ribs over a moderate heat for 10-12 mins (see tips right), turning often and basting with any marinade until ribs are golden brown. Serve sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.
- Simmer ribs the day before, drain, marinate and refrigerate overnight. It’s then easy to simply barbecue them the next day. Because the ribs are thick and are only cooked for a short time, bring them to room temperature before barbecuing.
- Ribs can be cooked on the barbecue, by either indirect or direct heat. Using indirect heat in a covered barbecue will take about 12 mins, turn them once or twice. If using direct heat over an open barbecue have a cooler zone on the barbecue so they can be pushed to the side.
Choose Provenir grass-fed beef ribs
Get the most out of these delicious recipes by choosing grass-fed beef from Provenir — it’s fresh, healthy and tasty too!
To know if we deliver to your area, check your postcode. If so, let us deliver your beef ribs — and the rest of your meat order — direct to your door.
Then follow one or more of our suggested recipes to create the perfect dish for your next BBQ…enjoy!