Food always tastes better with friends, and that’s where these beef finger food recipes really come into their own.
Finger food is perfect for friendly Christmas or summer get-togethers as it’s so easy and informal. No cutlery is required, and because it’s served buffet style, you don’t need to worry about seating plans or elaborate table dressing.
It’s also easy to put together, as you’ll discover in these recipes we’ve selected for you. As well as their simplicity, we’ve chosen them for their nutritional content and delicious flavours, which will really get your party buzzing!
Why beef is best
Beef is a great choice for party finger food. It’s surprisingly versatile, as you’ll see from our range of recipes, and works with all different styles of cooking and flavour combinations.
It’s also a nutritious meat — it’s an excellent source of protein and vitamins and minerals. Beef is particularly high in vitamin B12, which plays a vital part in red blood cell formation and a number of other roles to keep your body in great condition.
And when you buy from Provenir, you can rest assured that you will be getting the highest quality free-range and grass-fed beef.
This means that the animals it’s derived from have led as natural a life as possible, feeding only on grass just as they would do in the wild.
So you end up with a higher-quality, healthier meat, knowing that the animals it comes from have led a less stressful lifestyle, as close to their natural environment as possible.
Know that grass-fed beef like ours contains no added hormones or antibiotics, which are commonly given to animals reared intensively — this translates as no nasty surprises on your plate!
We also follow the “paddock to plate” way of farming, reducing the distance from where the animals are reared to your plate as much as possible.
At Provenir, we use purpose built mobile abattoir that travel to farms, rather than inflicting stressful journeys on animals. It’s all part of our ethical and sustainable approach to food production, whose benefits we pass on to you, the customer.
Hit me with the recipes!
You’ll love every one of these dishes, which can work as hors d’oeuvres recipes or as finger food for an informal gathering for Christmas or to celebrate the summer season.
Everyone loves a burger, so these cheeseburger meatballs are sure to be a real hit at your party.
As well as being super tasty, they’re super easy to make — no advanced culinary skills are required! And we guarantee that you won’t have any leftovers once you serve these delicious balls packed full of taste.
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Preheat the oven to 200º C
- Add all the ingredients (except the dressing) to a large bowl and mix together well.
- Roll into meatballs roughly the size of a golf ball. You can use a 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop to help make them all the same size.
- Place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with Thousand Island dressing for dipping.
Beef bruschetta with roasted garlic-feta spread
This recipe has a distinctly Mediterranean vibe, making it perfect for those summer get-togethers.
The fresh flavours of the tomato, olives, feta cheese and basil work beautifully with the grilled steak, while the ciabatta bread adds an authentic Italian touch to this combo.
Beef & Roasted Garlic-Feta Bruschetta
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- 1 Provenir Flat Iron Steak
- 5 Garlic gloves
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Ciabatta loaf (or bread stick)
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Roma plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Basil (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Rocket Lettuce (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Heat garlic, vegetable oil and olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat; set aside to cool. Drain garlic from oil. Reserve 2 tablespoons oil for bread and 2 tablespoons oil for tomato mixture; set aside.
- Drain garlic from oil. Reserve 2 tablespoons oil for bread and 2 tablespoons oil for tomato mixture; set aside.
- Cut ciabatta in half lengthwise. Slice into 18, 1/2-inch pieces; place on shallow-rimmed baking sheet. (You may have some leftover ciabatta.) Brush each piece with reserved 2 tablespoons garlic oil. Bake in 180°C oven 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Chop cooled garlic and return to same sauce pan; add feta. Heat on medium heat; cook 4 to 5 minutes until cheese is melted and looks like ricotta cheese. Keep warm.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, basil and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in small bowl; set aside
- Spread 2 teaspoons garlic-feta mixture on each piece toasted ciabatta, then add 1 tablespoon tomato and olive mixture. Carve steak into 1/4-inch slices. Cut each slice into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place two steak pieces on each piece ciabatta.
Garlic butter steak bites
These garlic butter steak bites are so quick and easy to make — just throw a few tasty ingredients in a pan and they will be ready in minutes.
Garnished with fresh parsley, these steak bites are simply irresistible and will be gone in record time too!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over high heat. Make sure the olive oil is hot, then add the steak pieces to it. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook for at least 2 minutes before stirring the steak pieces. You want to make sure you get a good sear on them. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes until they're golden brown. If your skillet isn't big enough, you may need to do this batches.
- Transfer the steak bites to a plate and in the same skillet add the butter. Turn the heat down to a medium and after the butter has melted, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds while stirring, just until the garlic becomes aromatic and starts to brown.
- Pour the garlic butter over the steak bites and toss well. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Mini beef and tomato tarts
These gourmet-style tarts really have the “wow factor,” looking simply stunning on any festive table.
They are also surprisingly easy to make, especially if you use pre-made pastry. The result is an impressive party dish that your guests will love.
Mini beef and tomato tarts
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Brown onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic clove (crushed)
- 250 g Provenir Mince Beef
- 2 tablespoons Plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 sheets Shortcrust pastry (just thawed)
- 24 Cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 min. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until cooked through.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) water. Cook for 5 mins or until thickened. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge for 10 mins to chill.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Lightly grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan. Use a 7cm pastry cutter to cut 24 discs from the pastry. Line holes with the pastry. Spoon mince mixture into the pastry cases. Top with tomatoes. Bake for 15 mins or until pastry is golden and crisp. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Buy beef the Provenir way
Buy your beef for these finger food recipes from Provenir and know that you’ll be serving your guests quality, free-range meat that’s reared ethically and sustainably.
Simply check your postcode to find out if you’re in our delivery area, and we’ll bring your delicious grass-fed beef order straight to your door.
So all you have to do is focus on giving your guests the best time with these tasty and easy beef recipes!