Rib Eye on the Bone with Charred Herb Salsa
By Mark LaBrooy
“Ribeye steak is a cut from the rib bone that’s both tender and marbled. When served without the bone it’s also called a scotch fillet. It’s recommended to buy the best quality beef you can afford for this recipe.”
Above: Provenir Rib Eye with Charred Herb Salsa, image from Adam Liaw.
Rib Eye on the Bone Recipe
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ long red chilli
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 500 g beef rib eye on the bone
Charred Herb Salsa Recipe
- ½ bunch coriander, washed well
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, washed well
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 15 g Dijon mustard
- ½ large red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Method – How to Prepare Beef Rib Eye
Resting time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
- Place the rosemary, thyme, garlic, chilli and olive oil in a mortar and pestle and pound until a paste forms. Rub all over the steak and set aside to marinate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium–high heat.
- For the salsa, drizzle the coriander and parsley with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Chargrill the herbs, turning regularly for 1 minute or just until wilted. Remove and coarsely chop the herbs, then place in a bowl with all the other salsa ingredients and combine well.
- Cook the steak for a few minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove and stand to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving with the charred herb salsa.
Our Suggested Cut for The Beef Rib Eye Recipe
We recommend utilising one of the cuts from our Premium Grass Fed Steak Pack.
The Provenir Six Star Promise
Provenir allows consumers to buy beef direct from the farmer and delivers a six star promise;
Provenir farmers utilise low stress handling techniques and raise their livestock on open pastures within a familiar herd structure; allowing the animals to express their natural character.
Instead of the livestock being transported, the abattoir comes to the farm. Eliminates unnecessary stress on animals associated with live transport. Less stress means less adrenalin produced, and thus more retained glycogen stores in the meat, leading to exceptional eating quality, taste and tenderness.
Full traceability & true provenance
Provenir oversees the whole operation from purchasing livestock on farm direct from our partnering farmers, to the on-farm processing, into our butchery and on to you. By processing on-farm and utilising the latest in digital traceability technology we are able provide full transparency and guaranteed provenance.
Grass-fed & free range
Provenir partners with farmers who raise their livestock free range and grass-fed. For cattle and lamb this means they are fed on natural grasses, pasture, hay or silage.
Exceptional eating quality
Our on-farm process and artisan butchery techniques ensures that the quality of the meat is retained and maximised throughout the whole process.
No and hormones, herd antibiotics or intensive feedlots
Provenir farmers raise their livestock naturally: they do not feedlot, nor do they add hormones or antibiotics to the feed as growth promotants.
How to Purchase Provenir
If you do care about animal welfare, and of course great tasting, high quality meat, visit the Provenir online butcher shop now and find out for yourself why people are trusting Provenir. Provenir enables a connection between you and the farmer, via a unique QR code on each meat pack, that tells you the entire paddock to plate story behind each cut of meat online.
You can also keep up to date with Provenir news by signing up to the Provenir newsletter.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Our Provenir newsletter is packed full of beefy farm goodness like recipes, new products, specials and more! Don’t miss out, sign up now.
Where to buy
You can have Provenir home delivered, purchase in-store, or experience it first hand at select restaurants.
Order online and receive Provenir beef delivered to your door.
Find Provenir beef in grocery stores and butchers.
Experience Provenir beef cooked to perfection.