Father’s Day is fast approaching, and what better way to celebrate than by gathering the family for a delicious meal? We have put together three more great beef recipes that we know your dad will love.
Umami Beef Burgers
These delicious and flavourful burgers are sure to delight this Father’s Day. The burgers are jam-packed with flavour and fresh ingredients, and you can’t go wrong with that to celebrate Dad! And, when you use grass-fed beef for your burgers, you can enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Enhanced heart health: Thanks to its significantly lower levels of saturated fat, a simple swap of grain-fed beef for grass-fed beef has been proven to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Diabetes prevention: Grass-fed beef burgers can also help lower your risk for diabetes. Studies have found that grass-fed beef contains two to six times the omega-3 fatty acid content than regular beef. Omega-3s have been shown to have a host of health benefits, including the prevention of heart disease, stroke, eczema, and arthritis.
- Preventing anaemia: Iron deficiency can lead to anaemia. Grass fed meat is rich in heme iron, a type of iron the body can absorb very easily.
Umami Beef Burgers
- In a bowl, combine the beef, mustard, egg (optional) Worcestershire sauce, miso, garlic powder and onion powder and mix together.
- Take approximately 1/2-3/4 cup of meat and shape it until it is approximately 1cm thick Pattie. (Don’t worry, when the meat cooks it get thinker as it shrinks inwards). Make a small indent in the middle of each patty so that the burger keeps it shape and doesn’t curl up during the cooking process.
- Use small pieces of parchment paper between the burgers to stack them up until you ready to cook them.
- Let the patties sit for 30 minutes
- In a pan, set the stove to medium heat and add a bit of oil. Wait until the pan is very hot.
- Add in the burger and let it sear for 1-2 minutes. Don’t touch it or flip it!
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and quickly put a lid over it and let it steam. (Careful, the steam is hot!) Let it cook for about 2 minutes, or until the water has evaporated away.
- Remove the lid and flip the burger and let it cook for another 2 minutes to brown the other side.
- At this point, if you are adding cheese to your burger put it on now and put the lid over it for another 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted
- Serve it on a bun and some toppings and enjoy!!
Did you know you can buy meat direct from the farm when you shop for your meat online with Provenir? Learn more here.
These tasty tacos are made with smoked beef cheek, an extremely tender and nutritious cut of beef. Beef cheeks are low in calories and fat while providing a lot of protein and minerals.
When you use beef cheeks in your recipes, you are helping to eat the entire animal and therefore are producing less waste too.
This recipe is definitely more for the patient dad, with a 6-8 hour cooking time you will need to start this recipe in the morning or the night before. But don’t be put off by this, the recipe is definitely worth it!
Did you know? Provenir’s unique supply chain, which is operated entirely by the one company, ensures you are sourcing your meat direct from the farm. This true paddock to plate eating means fewer food miles and stress on the animals, which produces meat that’s better for the environment.
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 6 h
- Ready in: 6 h 15 min
- Prepare your smoker at a temperature of 275. We recommend a heaver smoking wood or pellet such as oak, mesquite or hickory.
- Season the trimmed cheeks moderately with BBQ seasoning. Allow to adhere for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the cheeks in the smoker for 2 – 2.5 hours. No spritzing or anything is required. We just want a good heavy smoke. The final internal temperature should be at least 160 degrees internal temperature (using your Instant Read thermometer) when you decide to pull the cheeks from the smoker.
- After the cheeks have achieved a great color place them in the ½ steam pan. Mix the braising liquid (beef stock), garlic & onions and pour over the cheeks in the pan. You are not looking to cover the cheeks with liquid. Just put an inch or so of liquid in the pan. Return the pan to the smoker for 4-5 hours. Flip one time during the cook. Smoke until the cheeks are for tender.
- Serve on fresh, corn tortillas. Top with coriander & onions. Optional fresh limes. Enjoy!
Tip – if you want to smoke these overnight, then drop your smoker to 200 degrees, cover with foil and check back the next morning.
Check out this grass-fed beef cheek you can order from Provenir today for a true paddock to plate experience.
Sausage Rougail (Rougaille)
The next finger-licking recipe on our Father’s Day menu is Sausage Rougail. African for “a combination of condiments and spices,” this delectable recipe is low in carbs and high in protein. Rougail is made of a tomato-based stew with aromatic spices that are simmered on low heat for hours to allow the flavours to meld together. These spices not only pack a punch flavour-wise, but they also have a number of health benefits:
- Turmeric: This South Asian spice is known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It also has the potential to improve heart health and protect against Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
- Paprika: The main ingredient in paprika, capsaicin, is a strong antioxidant that can help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. It also has analgesic effects and can be used for pain management.
- Thyme: Thyme’s plentiful benefits include fighting acne, lowering blood pressure, boosting immunity and mood, preventing bacterial infections, and fighting certain types of cancer.
- Cumin: Among cumin’s health benefits are aiding digestion, providing a rich source of iron, helping protect against diabetes, improving cholesterol, and promoting weight and fat loss.
- Cayenne Pepper: This popular red pepper adds versatile flavour and is chock-full of health benefits, including being rich in vitamins C, A, B6, and K, protecting against inflammation, improving digestion, and clearing congestion.
- Parsley: Parsley can help protect against cancer and improve bone and eye health.
Sausage Rougail (Rougaille)
A vibrant stew from Mauritius
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Cut sausage into one-inch chunks.
- Peel and crush garlic and ginger.
- Chop onions and tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a pot on medium heat and add onions, crushed garlic, and ginger.
- Sauté for a few minutes till fragrant.
- Add the sausage and fry until brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices (turmeric, paprika, thyme, cumin, salt).
- Add cayenne pepper only if you want it spicy.
- Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes, covered.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander and serve!
Are you looking for grass fed beef for sale online or any other online meat? Provenir can help with our broad offering of farm-to-plate meat selections, including burger patties, roasts, broths, and everything in between.
Find what you’re looking for today on our online butcher store and we will deliver the meat straight to your front door from the farm.
Bon appétit and happy Father’s Day!