Be careful, I find I can easily eat 5-600 grams of meat without even thinking about it as its so bloody delicious.
Mark La Brooy
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 24 h
- Ready in: 27 h 10 min
- First, take your brisket and liberally cover it with the salt and pepper mix
- Take approx 2 metres of aluminium foil and fold it onto itself 3-4 times, leaving the top of the brisket exposed to make a foil boat for the brisket to sit in, push up nice and tight against the brisket, this will allow any of the juices that start to render out of the brisket to be reabsorbed leaving you with a very very juicy brisket once cooked.
- Set smoker at 80c in your pellet smoker for approx 16-24 hours or until the internal meat temp has been at 80 degrees for approx 3 hours.
- Take out of the smoker and let rest in your oven or a YETI cooler for 3-4 hours (this will allow the meat to really rest properly and help it to retain its juices.)
- Carve using a bread knife and serve with hot sauce, pickles and sauerkraut.